“And the Lord answered me: "Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.” Habakkuk 2:2 ESV
WHEN GOD GIVES VISION
- THE VISION SHOULD BE CLEAR
- THE VISION SHOULD GIVE US SOMETHING WE CAN RUN WITH
“But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.” 1 Corinthians 2:9-12 NKJV
WHY DO WE EXIST?
“TO GATHER IN THE UNCHURCHED AND DISCIPLE THEM INTO FULLY DEVOTED FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST “
HOW WILL WE FULFILL THE VISION?
WE CAN FULFILL OUR VISION BY PURPOSELY LIVING OUT OUR FIVE VALUES
1) WE WILL FULFILL OUR VISION BY LOVING GOD THROUGH WORSHIP
“Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment.” Matthew 22:37-38 NKJV
- Our initiative: To build God a home to be loved and honored in our community
2) WE WILL FULFILL OUR VISION BY GETTING TO KNOW GOD THROUGH FELLOWSHIP
“For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20 NIV
“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NIV
“But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!”” 1 Corinthians 12:18-21 NIV
- Our initiative: To continue to resource our church family with small group study materials and equip people to host both small groups and support groups.
3) WE WILL FULFILL OUR VISION BY GROWING IN CHRIST LIKENESS
The best gift you can give to anybody including your self is to grow up in CHRIST.
“For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” Romans 8:29 NKJV
- Our initiative: The launch of our expanded family ministry April of 2018.
4) WE WILL FULFILL OUR VISION BY SERVING GOD THROUGH SERVING OTHERS
““Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’” Matthew 25:37-40 NLT
- Our initiative: In March celebrate the one-year anniversary of the PEACE Center.
5) WE WILL FULFILL OUR VISION BY SHARING CHRIST WITH THE LOST
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 NIV
- Our initiative: To have our largest Easter harvest ever by mobilizing our church with “A Place To Go”
FOUR THINGS I AM ASKING YOU TO DO (TO RUN WITH)
1. I AM ASKING YOU TO PRAY. THIS IS A YEAR OF PRAYER
““I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5 NIV
2. I AM ASKING YOU TO BE GENEROUS
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21 NIV
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” Malachi 3:10 NIV
3. I AM ASKING YOU TO SERVE GOD’S FAMILY
“…. whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,” Mark 10:43b NIV
4. I AM ASKING YOU BE A BRINGER OF PEOPLE
“He said to them, “Come and see.”” John 1:39a NKJV