Ambassadors of Reconciliation
HEAVEN WILL BE FILLED WITH DIVERSITY
“After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.” Revelation 7:9 NIV
OUR GOAL ISN’T DIVERSITY
OUR GOAL IS RECONCILIATION
“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:28-29 NIV
AS AMBASSADORS WE ARE DIVERSE BECAUSE OF OUR RECONCILIATION
“For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.” 2 Corinthians 5:14-20 NKJV
· PREJUDICE AND RACISM ISN'T A SKIN PROBLEM IT’S A SIN PROBLEM.
“Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer”. 2 Corinthians 5:16 NKJV
· WE COME INTO THE BODY OF CHRIST NOT TO ADD INJUSTICES BUT TO HELP STOP THE INJUSTICES.
“When Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in His hand. Joshua approached Him and asked, “Are You for us or for our enemies?” “Neither,” He replied. “I have now come as commander of the Lord’s army.” Then Joshua bowed with his face to the ground in worship and asked Him, “What does my Lord want to say to His servant?”” Joshua 5:13-14 HCSB
TO BE AMBASSADORS OF RECONCILIATION WE MUST BE INTENTIONAL TO STEP OUTSIDE OF OUR OWN PEOPLE GROUP
“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2 NKJV
“but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.”” Luke 4:43 NKJV
“And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.” Matthew 24:14 NLT
CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION THIS WEEK...
- Last week we learned about sharing the burdens of others and how God wants to create a new heart in you. Share with the group what God is showing you in these areas since you last met.
- In 2 Corinthians 5 we learn that Jesus died for all and that no one is regarded to according to the flesh (meaning physical or worldly perspective). How does knowing you are made a new creation in Christ change your perspective of God’s love for you? Your perspective of yourself? How does this change how you understand God’s perspective and love for others?
- Spoken values are what you claim your values to be. Core values are what comes out of you when you are under pressure. Often these turn out to be very different. How would having a heart of reconciliation transform the way you relate and grow your relationships with others when conflict rises?
- What is one way you can be intentional to step outside your people group this week?